Strike while the iron is hot! I’ve had a lot of people looking at my farewell letter to St. Louis, so I thought I’d parlay that attention into MORE attention. Perhaps I should of done this sooner…I am not as strategic as my lovely wife. So, if you liked the Open Letter to St. Louis, here are my favorite ten posts that I’ve done over the last two years. By the way, you may wonder, “Why did this talented young (Am I young anymore??) man take such a large break between his his second to last post and last post?”
Because this last school year kicked my butt. Feel free to judge (especially if you are a soldier, firefighter, police officer, miner, fisherman, or any job requiring hard manual labor), but I did not have the drive or mental stamina to post ANY witty thoughts with any regularity over the last ten months.
So, without further ado, here are the diamonds in the rough of St. Loueats.
10. I Like Big Butts. An ode to the pork shoulder, AKA pork butt, picnic shoulder, Boston butt.
9. Llewellyn’s Winghaven. A snarky review of a good restaurant…with some reminiscences of Las Vegas. Reading it may make you wonder why we’re moving back.
8. Food with Friends, An Ode to Oysters. This post is worth it for the pics of live lobsters holding Natty Lite alone. It also delves into a bit of family history regarding this humble bivalve. Also, that was a great weekend with friends.
7. How Do You Say Fiasco in Chinese? Quite possibly the worst (or best if you are a third grade student) cooking club ever. I solemnly swear to never attempt pot stickers again.
6. Of Elves and Type One Diabetes. A Christmas tearjerker. By the way, UP YOURS DIABETES! YOU SUCK!
5. German Oven Pancake. This is a family tradition in our house, passed down from my grandparents, that we have passed on to other families. You should try it. Like all German things, it is more threatening than a normal pancake, but it blows regular pancakes out of the water.
4. Let the Grilling Season Begin. This is THE RECIPE for successfully charcoal grilling a THICK ribeye to medium rare. I self reference this post myself to remind myself how to grill a THICK slab of beef. However, now that beef is approaching the price of platinum, I may not be using this much in the near future.
3. REVOLUTIONARY SANDWICHES FOR THE PROLETARIAT! Have you tried Cuban sandwiches? You should. I just had one today! This also contains my thoughts on Communist Dictators. Don’t you just love that Kim Jong Un gets crazier by the day? I mean I hope he’s overthrown soon, to end the suffering of the North Korean people, but he IS highly entertaining in a crazy uncle sort of way.
2. Dumped. I don’t think this is my best post, but it has an adorable picture of my pleasant children. Therefore, it caught fire on Pinterest because women love adorable children and dessert, and is somehow my most seen post. By the way, dump cake is good…
1. A Trip to the Dentist. This isn’t about food, but it is the most hilarious experience I’ve went through in the last couple of years. I went back to this dentist just last week and they apologized AGAIN for this…even though it had been a year. My sincere apologies to Doris.
Well, there you have it. The Best of St. Loueats before I leave STL. Enjoy!